Magellan eXplorist TR5
Magellan eXplorist TR5
- 5” Touch Screen Display: Extra-large, vibrant, sunlight-readable display with day and night views for easy visibility.
- Turn-by-Turn Trail and Street Navigation: Get visual and audible navigation guidance whether you’re navigating off-road trails or streets on your way to your destination.
- Hi-res (10M) 2D Topo and 3D Basemap of the USA and Canada with Lifetime Free Updates: See high-resolution 2D or 3D map imagery and get free map updates with newly loaded trails several times each year.
- Satellite Map View Available with Subscription: Purchase a 12-Month subscription to DigitalGlobe for viewing and saving satellite imagery.
- Over 120,000 Preloaded Designated OHV Routes: Includes 4WD, ATV, Motorcycle, and Snowmobile trails.
- Companion App: Access your account, search, save, and see your position any time you’re away from your TR5 device.
- Online Community Trail Database: Go to TRX Trailhead, where you can discover new crowd-sourced trails, plan on- and off-road routes, and see satellite basemap layers.
- Searchable Trail & Off-Road Points of Interest (POIs): Advanced trail searching, plus millions of points of interest.
- One-touch Social Sharing Link a Twitter account and press the # button while navigating to send a tweet showing your location and Dirt Miles driven along a trail.
- Backtrack: Hit the Backtrack button anywhere along your track to route your vehicle back to your current track’s starting point.
- Intuitive Interface: Ready to go right out-of-the-box. Within moments, you can record and save a track, save waypoints, search for trails, Backtrack, and more.
- Off-road Waypoint List: Waypoint types and marker sets to easily mark meetup locations, scenic views, campsites, obstacles, and more.
- Easily Record Custom Waypoints: While stopped, record custom waypoints using current location, GPS coordinates, and more. Add audio, photos and descriptions. Waypoints are visible on a saved track.
Magellan introduces something brand new for the windows-up, AC/seat-heaters on, keep-it-clean, cost-conscious 4wd travelers. The Magellan® TR5 Trail and Street GPS Navigator is a sleeker, slimmer, more compact, and more affordable version of our TRX7, the ultimate off-road GPS navigator. The TR5 is equipped with a 5" hi-definition touchscreen, and like the TRX7, it comes with our award-winning off-road navigation software, which gives you turn-by-turn directions on OHV trails and streets.
The TR5 comes preloaded with over 120,000 designated OHV routes from forest and public lands and includes Magellan’s award-winning street navigation to get you straight from your starting point to the trail. Search trails using your TR5 or search for trails in a constantly growing crowdsourced track database on www.TRXTrailhead.com. Magellan's trail database contains over 120,000 preloaded OHV routes and user-generated tracks created by fellow off-roaders. The community database is accessible by desktop, tablet, or mobile device, and crowd-sourced tracks contain personal observations so that you can search for them by location, track difficulty, rankings, and more.
You can also review trails and their attributes before you head out to the trail, then save to a list of favorites for future rides. View satellite basemap layers when you search for trails on www.TRXTrailhead.com, and read all of the observations and rankings to get the latest trail so that your off-road adventures are safer and more enjoyable.
The TR5's intuitive interface makes following trails and recording your own tracks simple. Using either a saved trail from your favorites or a preloaded trail on the device, simply tap "Follow" once the trail is selected. Once you’re on the trail, the TR5 helps identify land features and minimize surprises for safer off-road navigation by providing a high-resolution (10M) 3D terrain map view and a 2D topo view with contour lines that cover USA and Canada.
With one touch, you can also start tracking while you’re driving on the basemap, and the TR5 automatically starts recording your track. When recording a track, the TR5 makes it easy to save waypoints and personal observations. In Active Track mode, to keep your attention on the trail, the TR5 limits you to selecting only a waypoint type. With a few quick taps, you can save a waypoint to your track with no hassle. When you stop your vehicle and pause tracking, the TR5 allows you to do much more detailed waypoint creation. Once paused, you can mark waypoints using audio recording, coordinates, current location or point on map, or you can select a type of waypoint, name it, add photos, and more. When you save or publish your track, all of your waypoints and observations are saved with the route so the next off-roader following your track will know about any obstacles or beautiful views that await them.
Share your progress with friends and family with the Social Post (hashtag) button, which sends an automatic preconfigured Tweet from the trail. Your Tweet will post right away if you’re using your phone as a hotspot, or it will automatically send once the TR5 is connected to Wi-Fi. Link your Twitter and Instagram accounts, and you can share your trail updates and photos with your social network. Publish your tracks to the community database on www.TRXTrailhead.com so that any fellow off-roader can access your track and see attached waypoints and observations. When navigating a track with saved waypoints, you’ll see pop-ups notifying you of any upcoming waypoints. By giving off-roaders access to this information, you can be more aware of your fellow off-roaders’ observations for safer and more enjoyable trail riding experiences.
Other TR5 safety features include off-course notifications and Backtrack. The TR5 warns you whenever you veer off course to quickly get your vehicle back on track. At any point along a track, select the Backtrack feature and you’ll be guided safely back to the trailhead, campsite, or any current track starting point.
The TR5's track saving and publishing features are key to building the off-road community. Before saving a track, you can enter info on 4WD use, trail conditions, obstacles, and more. Enter all the details when you save or do a simple one-touch save and go back to add more details later before you publish your track. Saved tracks are wirelessly uploaded to your TRX account when you connect the TR5 to Wi-Fi. Once your track has a rating, you can publish the track to the Magellan TRX community database, allowing fellow off-roaders to search your tracks, view your observations, and check out your route.
- Item Requires Shipping
- 10.0 lbs.