Drag Link Flip Kit | 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
JKS JK Drag Link Flip Kit for 2007-2018 Jeep JK 2/4Dr
- Increase ground clearance.
- Provide better performing, solid steering feel.
- Flattens out steering angle when combined with 2" lift or more.
- 7/8" Step Drill Bit Included
- Important Notes
- For use on LHD JK models with at least 2" of suspension lift
- Requires 3" of front bump stop extension, JKS1130 available separately
- Should not be combined with other track bar relocation system
- Can be used with factory replacement adjustable track bars
- To be used with factory pitman arm for proper geometry
- Requires 17" diameter wheel or larger, with 4.75" backspacing or less
The drag link flip kit is comprised of 2 critical components.
First, the new drag link directly replaces the factory link and uses the factory adjusting collar and tie rod end at the pitman arm. This installation requires drilling out the steering arm tapered hole in the passenger's side knuckle and installing a precision machined tapered insert. We even included a 7/8" step bit to make this process easy and not require the purchase of an expensive drill bit to complete the install. The new insert has a knurled outer surface and has a slight interference fit making it extremely strong and eliminates any possibility of play or loosening. The insert can also be reused in the opposite position if the Jeep ever needed to be returned to the original steering setup. The drag link flip flattens out the steering angles when combined with the lift heights of 2" and above providing better performing, more solid steering feel over the factory setup. To properly compliment the new steering angles provided by the drag link flip, a front track bar bracket is supplied. The new bracket mounts to the factory track bar axle mount. It not only adapts the factory mount for proper track bar angles, it also strengthens the factory setup by tying into the axle via a u-bolt setup integrated into the design. The new track bar location mimics the drag link angle perfectly and eliminates bump steer.
In order to accommodate these 2 new components, 3" tall front aluminum bump stop extensions necessary to provide the proper clearance at full bump. If the current suspension setup on the JK being upgraded does not have 3" extensions, the new JKS1130 can be purchased separately to ensure proper clearance at full bump. This new 3" extension kit is another component of the JSPEC Advanced Geometry Upgrade kit. The 1 piece, fully machine aluminum extensions bolt directly to the lower front coil seats with the provided hardware. While designed to work with these JK-specific kits, the JKS1130 3" bump stop extensions can be used on the front of TJ (TJ rear too), XJ, MJ, and ZJ applications as well as many custom applications.
- Shop By Vehicle - Wrangler JK (07-18) - JSPEC Advanced Upgrades
- JSPEC Suspension Systems - JK JSPEC Suspension - JSPEC Advanced Geometry Upgrade
- JSPEC Suspension Systems - 2007-2018 Wrangler JK | 2 Door - JSPEC Advanced Upgrades
- Wrangler JK (07-18) - Suspension Components - JSPEC Advanced Geometry Upgrade
- Wrangler JK (07-18) - Steering & Brakes - JSPEC Advanced Geometry Upgrade
- Shop By Product - Steering & Brakes - Steering Conversion
- Item Requires Shipping
- 21.1 lbs.
- W18.0000” x H10.0000” x L36.0000”
Total Reviews (0)
Write the First Review!
You must login to post a review.