Event: Easter Jeep Safari
Date: Saturday, March 24, 2018 to Sunday, April 1, 2018
Time: All Day
Address: Moab, UT - Utah
The Jeep Safari itself, and participation in the event has grown since the club officially formed in the early 80s. Once the event was coordinated by the Red Rock 4-Wheelers, the registration moved from the Chamber building north of town, to Lion's Park, and on to what was called "the Barn" which is where McStiff's is currently located near Center and Main. Over the years the increase in participation grew to expand the trail riding to more days until it finally reached a nine day event. "Big Saturday" still remains the culmination of the event on the Saturday of Easter weekend. With the increase in numbers, the registration was moved to the Spanish Trail Arena where it is located today several miles south of the city of Moab on highway 191. This also became the location for the gigantic raffle, Boy Scout BBQ dinner, and the major vendor exposition.
Red Rock 4-Wheelers: A few years prior to 1983 the club had been formed as a small local organization by George Schultz. Most of the meetings were held in members homes. In the early months of 1983 after agreeing to take over the Easter Jeep Safari members (Leaders) were being recruited to run the Safari. And that transformed the club to what it is today. We have gone through many changes and added many new members, but we haven't forgotten that the club was formed as a family club to have fun and promote responsible 4-wheeling. So now, instead of just Jeep Safari, we have the Labor Day Camp Out, trails of the month, we cleanup and mark the trails, and participate in other club outings. We also work to keep the roads that we have open.
Submit Your Own Event
Be a part of the JKS community and submit your event.
Please read the guidelines before submitting.
Event Submission Terms & Guidelines
- Use the online event submission form.
- Demand for our events calendar is too high for our editor to manually enter press releases or other event submissions. Priority is given to the events that come in through our online form.
- Submit your listing one to two weeks (or more) before your event.
- Proofread your submission.
- Event listings that need significant work on grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc. will not be considered for publication.
- Make sure your event is intended for the JKS customer audience.
- If it’s not related to the Jeep and offroad community, it’s not going in our calendar.
- Do not submit events that are overtly commercial.
- If your event is a sales pitch, there’s a very good chance it won’t make it in the calendar. We also do not include online webinars and trainings intended for a targeted professional audience.
- No Inappropriate or offensive events will be accpted
- If it's not meant for the whole family, then this is not the right place to post your event.
- Thanks so much for following these guidelines, and for taking the time to share your events with the JKS community.