Cherokee XJ & Comanche MJ, 1984-2001, Steering Brace System - Driver Side Only
Steering Brace System
- Driver and Passenger Side
- Driver Side Only
- Rigid chassis plates reinforce most vulnerable section of chassis to prevent failure of vital steering function
- Provides additional steering gear support necessary for large tires and off-road conditions
- Ensures proper load distribution during winching and recovery operation particularly important on unibody vehicles
- Improves integrity of winch and bumper mounts, and strengthens and repositions OE tow hook provision for improved off-road clearance
- Prevents the need for crude or expensive repair of steering gear mount common with failure on the trail
- Replaces corrosive and failure prone steering gear hardware with quality, long-lasting materials
- Installation requires welding.
- Modifications to bumper mount may be necessary.
The power steering gear mount is particularly vulnerable, due to the tremendous leverage required to control large tires in off-road conditions. Making matters worse, the steering gear is attached to the chassis with bolts and sleeves made of dissimilar metals. As a result, they often fuse together from corrosion, making it virtually impossible to detect a loose mounting bolt.
Once failure occurs, there simply is no easy or inexpensive solution. And without steering control, driving the vehicle to a repair facility just isn't an option.
- Cherokee XJ (84-01) - Steering & Brakes - Steering Reinforcement
- Cherokee XJ (84-01) - Bracing & Skid Plates - Chassis Bracing
- Comanche MJ (86-92) - Steering & Brakes - Steering Reinforcement
- Comanche MJ (86-92) - Bracing & Skid Plates - Chassis Bracing
- Shop By Product - Steering & Brakes - Steering Reinforcement
- Shop By Product - Bracing & Skid Plates - Chassis Bracing
- Item Requires Shipping
- 8.7 lbs.
- W9.0000” x H16.0000” x L3.0000”
Total Reviews (0)
Write the First Review!
You must login to post a review.