Rear Shock Relocation | 2007-2017 Wrangler JK
OGS945 Rear Shock Relocation Kit
- Relocates the shocks higher on the axle.
- Integrated rear control arm skid plate
- Brackets are powder coated in classic JKS black
- Grade 8 mounting hardware
- This new kit relocates the rear shocks higher on the axle which allows trimming of the low-hanging factory mounts to maximize ground clearance.
The new mounting brackets are made of ¼" steel and include a dual-shear shock mount and new sway bar link mount. Also integrated is a control arm mount skid plate. Installtion is bolt on and requires the removal of the factory axle shock mounts, sway bar link mounts and trimming of the control arm mount.
After installation, there is a gain of 2" in ground clearance. The shock mounts are moved up 2-1/4" from the factory position and the sway bar mount moves up 1-3/4".
- Changing the lower shock position changes extension/compression limits of the suspension. Without making any additional adjustments the suspension would have more extension and less compression with the installation of this bracket kit. One or more of the following modifications will most likely be necessary:
- Taller/relocated bump stops: These must be sufficient to avoid the shock bottoming out during compression.
- Coil spring retainers: The factory rear coil spring mounts have no mechanical means of retaining the rear coil springs. The coils are retained by preload which is dictated by the shock length at full extension.
- New shocks: Depending on the suspension setup and/or existing shock specs, it may necessary to replace the rear shocks with a set having extend/collapsed lengths more suited for the relocated mounts.
The above situations will vary widely depending on suspension system and shocks installed.
- Depending on the suspension system installed, sway bar link length may need to be modified/adjusted.
- Trimming of the factory lower control arm mounts and removal of the factory shock and sway bar mounts is required.
- May require extended brake lines or brake line relocation.
- May not be compatible with some aftermarket sway bars.
Bolt On Installation; Black, Powder Coated Finish; Shock Mount Width 1.60"; Shock Bolt Diameter 12mm; Brackets Made From 3/16" Steel; Minor Drilling Required
- Item Requires Shipping
Total Reviews (1)
Reviewed by: Sean10/06/2015 03:19PM
Product ownership: Less than 1 week
Purchased from: JKS Manufacturing
I don't know why Jeep didn't start out with something like this!!!
I won a set of these from the Black Hills Jeep Jamboree and I wish I would of had them before hand. I took some rock damage to one of my shocks that I'm certain wouldn't of happened if I had these brackets already.
Installation was a breeze, cut old mounting tabs off and bolt on this bracket. I did have some issues getting the bottom bolt in becuase the control arm was in my way, but these brackets are so thick I don't think the one bolt is going to make that much differance.
If I start to notice that things are starting to not look right I might just do a couple welds and never worry about it again.
I also had some compatibility issues, I have a track relocation bracket from another manufacturer that uses the same bolt holes on the back, but this bracket has a bit of a lip that got in the way, added maybe like 30 minutes to the install becuase I cut the lip off the shock bracket so that the track bar bracket would fit on top of it.
All said and done I gained about 1.5" of ground clearance, got a beefy control arm skid and moved my shock mounts up about 2.25" gaining that much additional shock travel. Which is a huge gain for about 2 hours worth of work. I'm sure if I had this bracket before the Jamboree this would of kept my shocks off the rocks.
You must login to post a review.